smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Saturday, January 01, 2011


New Year....new blog....here we go again...another attempt to write something.

Last year I successfully incorporated meditation into my daily life. I have been doing this practice of 'quieting my mind' 30-60 minutes per day. This year I want to log 365 hours of meditation(1hour/day) and next year 548 hours(1.5 hours/day) and then finally achieve meditating 2hours/day in 2 years. The health effects have been documented (lowering of blood pressure, stress, anxiety, better sleep) and I find that those who do meditate are phenomenally productive. My 'to do' list is exhaustive and I will be annoyed if I leave this experience/life without embracing/experiencing my desires and dreams. There may be something to the saying 'do less and achieve more.' So....off to meditate and then do the Swami stairs and thank the ocean......and a short jog,....then visit Tely and if I have time left over, a little piano practice and accounting....then my evening meditation.

Happy New Year and may everyone have boatloads of health, happiness, productivity, joy and humor....forever!

Found this quote from Rumi which I feel will be my mantra for the year:

"Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth."

If anyone desires contributing to an important cause, I would like to recommend ' Survivors of Torture, International.' This a group that is trying to help an incredible group of people who have somehow managed to survive insurmountable odds and are now seeking asylum in the United States. I work with them and over the past year almost all federal funding has vaporized. Any gift would be greatly appreciated and I can assure you that the recipients are cast from a mold that is incredible and miraculous in many ways. Contact me for information on volunteer opportunities. Physicians are desperately needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home