smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Friday, August 27, 2010



The Cats Eye nebulae....mind boggling....beautiful.........one of billions to trillions of celestial objects 'out there' spinning and floating around....we are so lucky to have the beginning of a peek at what is beyond.....that might be naive...maybe it is just a whiff of ...... that something....out there.....

Ever since I was around 10 (I distinctly recall thinking 'it is great to be 10 years old'...isn't that funny? ... especially as I am now over 50!!!!),...anyway.... I seem to go through periods when I just contemplate about our existence....I blow my puny mind into the insane universe and....'wow'.......impossible to fathom...I think, ...'omyg, there must be a Creator!'...I mean, there is no reason for anything 'to be.' And yet,.....there is so much out there....always gets my little head spinning......we have awareness and feelings....we really are....something....something....an entity...a collection of stardust molecules that is being....something.....crazy man, crazy!!!! I always end up here and flop down, roll my eyes and breathe....

......look at the following picture....it is a just tiny snipit of a part of our little (in cosmic terms) Milky Way Galaxy. I have a book at home that has a photo through the heart of the Milky Way (will try to scan and post it)....it is so dense with stars, there is little darkness....billions of them.. our 'little, truly puny, galaxy.' The creative force of all this, is incomprehensible...yet I am trying to comprehend it....because....my parents and grandparents did the work that allows me this precious time....the predators selected....we had a lot of luck and kept trying. Today, I don't have to forage and fight for survival 24/7...at least not now. Looking out to the universe is amazing.......reminds of how lucky and little...... I am......ommmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home