smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


This is a photo of an obelisk covered with a condom to commemorate World Aids Day, in Buenos Aires. The Brazilians are clearly more progressive than the United States (of remain ignorant and in denial). It is hard to imagine the Bush administration having the confidence and maturity to endorse such a creation. What a great teaching mechanism. If only it could travel.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I agree that the Bush Administration does not have the confidence and maturity to endorse something like this... I'm not sure I would want a big pink condom on the Washington Mounument.

If that makes me a fuddy-duddy, so be it. I think it looks tacky.

Having said this, remember that Argentina is a predominantly Catholic nation. If they were able to do this, perhaps it can be done here.

me <--- not someone who would support the idea.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Really appreciate your perspective. I agree that 'it'looks tacky, but, I would sacrifice my desire to maintain a facade of integrity and class if the 'whatever it is' manages to teach and spread the word on Aids prevention. This was recently brought to my attention by a Current.TV pod on orphans in Africa. None of them knew how they got AIDS! One kid said it was because he sniffed too much glue, another said it was from sitting next to someone with the infection. Somehow, I think the tacky 'whatever it is' may reach people like this?

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home