smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Thursday, August 25, 2005



This is a must: Cindy's diary, available through 'the Daily Kos.'

All of today's entries are moving and should be read, but the first one posted brought tears to my eyes. Here is an excerpt:

"Joan sang the song Joe Hill In it Joe Hill says: "I never died." Well, looking out at the faces here at Camp Casey, and knowing that for everyone who is present here, there are thousands of others who support our work, I am convinced that Casey never died, and he never will. When I look into the eyes of the kind and gentle souls who have come here, I see Casey and the faces of all the others killed in George Bush's war for greed and profit. We will never forget them and we will honor them by working for peace.

Joan also sang Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.... "A thousand angels waiting there for me...." I know Casey will be waiting for me when it is my turn, and I know when I finally get there he's going to hug me and say: "Good job, Mom."

I've posted(above) a photo of the banner to which Cindy refers, in her blog about her arrival to the camp last night (August 24, 2005). Very moving.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home