smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Saturday, September 17, 2005


Another new low for the pitiful hate mongers: Camp Casey Memorial Stolen. So sad and yet, it says a lot about the power of the memorial. I felt so privileged to participate in this peaceful action. It was as close to nirvana as I could ever imagine. There was no place else on earth I would have rather been, given the world's circumstances. Perhaps Washington deserves a camp?

The photo is on the site of the memorial. It is so strange for me to look at it this way. It was a site of love, strange beauty and great loss. The hate mongers even took Casey's boots. Amazing. Nothing is sacred to them. Except..............?

Reminds me of something I learned at Camp Casey when, Rev. Peter Johnson of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference commented:
"If George Bush is right, than Ghandi was wrong.
If George Bush is right, than Martin Luther King was wrong.
If George Bush is right, then Jesus Christ was wrong."

Peace.

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home