smallface

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages" -Thomas A. Edison

Thursday, August 18, 2005


Cindy Sheehan has managed to pull me out of my cocoon. I feel obligated to share my conflicts and questions regarding this president and his decisions.

I am traveling to Crawford, Texas in a few days to support Cindy's efforts to get some answers from Mr. Bush. He is a person whose actions have resulted in the death of her son and thousands of others. If Mr. Bush can rationally explain why her son had to die, the movement will be quelled. If he can't explain his actions, then......what? Will his stonewalling, keep us in Crawford till the next election? I hope to answer this question with my journey.

Last night, we participated in a vigil in Ocean Beach, California. Hundreds of people, silently, peacefully and...toward the end, musically expressed heartfelt appreciation of Ms. Sheehan and condolences for the loss of Casey. She will live with this tragedy for the rest of her life. May none of us have to endure that horrific pain. May we all learn that is was not for personal fortune or greed. I'm scared, however,.......amid all this outpouring for answers tonight(1600+ vigils), our so-called President, went fishing ....................

This journey is a collective effort. The participants include Gladys and Gilbert Palast. They are special friends who have encouraged, inspired and helped me make this journey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Thank you T O-S

10:55 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

The MM quote is now at the top of the blog. Thank you 10,000 times. So wise and timely.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home